How difficult can it be to choose only one destination out of the 7 lucky islands!
… in the end, the question is, which is the best choice for my next holiday?
Our recommendation: “Lanzarote”
The beauty of its nature is spectacular. The water and fire elements are inseparable on this island.
Many describe it as an “enigmatic island”, with landscapes from another planet, contrasts of colors that emanate light and transmit a sense of peace that many cannot describe and that makes them return again and again to the island of volcanoes.
Lanzarote is the youngest island of the 7 Canary Islands with an area of 845.94 km² and located only 140 kilometers from the coast of Africa, it has an average temperature of 21º that makes it enviable. It was declared a biosphere reserve by UNESCO in 1993. La Geria, a wine-growing area unique in the world, shows the symbiosis between man and nature.
Thanks to the legacy of Cesar Manrique, Lanzarote´s favorite son, this island offers, with its unique architecture of white houses and buildings that respect the environment, a privileged infrastructure that is not found in the neighbouring islands. Cesar Manrique dedicated his life to making Lanzarote a paradigm, using only the elements that nature offered him to show us that man and nature can live in harmony. The Art and Culture Centers of Lanzarote are unique in the world thanks to Cesar Manrique.
Here we present a couple of elements that make the difference between Lanzarote and its sister islands:
- As a biosphere reserve, tourism in Lanzarote is not as widespread as in Tenerife and Gran Canaria.
- Lanzarote’s infrastructure allows tourists to enjoy an offer in active tourism that is not found in La Palma, La Gomera or El Hierro for example.
- Lanzarote is not green, it is an island emerging from the desert landscape and this landscape, lacking fresh water resources, gives it a character full of pure energy.
- In Lanzarote it almost never rains, but nevertheless you will find wines winning medals of excellence at an international level.
- Its local cuisine, with fresh fish, goat cheese and local products will surprise you.
- Lanzarote’s endemic flora and fauna is a legacy of the gods.
- In Lanzarote you will discover hidden treasures such as La Graciosa or Isla de Lobos.
In Lanzarote you will find villages flooded with white houses and people who will remind you of the cordiality of yesteryear when the world still seemed to be in order.
In Lanzarote you will find a wide range of cultural, leisure and sports activities of the highest quality. If you are an athlete, you can develop your amateur or professional skills, according to your aspirations. The second hardest Ironman in the world after Hawaii is celebrated in Lanzarote every year at the end of May, an unforgettable experience.
In Lanzarote you can visit the first and only undersea museum in Europe. Here you can discover the real beauty of an underwater world. If you like to dive, surf or sail, the offer in nautical sports is considerable. In Lanzarote you can go hiking around the Timanfaya National Park and discover its volcanic beauty step by step.
In Lanzarote, cultural and artistic events are of an exclusive exquisiteness, taking place in such magical environments as La Cueva de Los Verdes or Los Jameos del Agua. In Lanzarote well known characters from cinema, art, photography and sports, among others, have found their second home.
You cannot let anyone tell you better what Lanzarote is like, you have to experience it yourself. Lanzarote is calling you, it is surely your next and best choice.